Thursday, June 29, 2017

Basketball 🏀

I love how much basketball is appreciated and enjoyed in the Dominican Republic. Two days ago I was at the supermercado and I overheard a cashier and a customer discussing the Chris Paul trade. And today I had the opportunity to go and play basketball with quite a few Dominicans and two members of the summer service team. We were at the gym for over three hours and there were still people playing when we left. We had quite a few awesome games. We played three on three and then the court opened up and we had a couple of games of five versus five. It is still a very similar style of basketball and it was a great deal of fun. I am definitely still working on my Spanish and I am no expert. But I am getting a fairly good at communicating on the basketball courts and of course trash talking when necessary. And all of this is done in Spanish. I am very proud of myself! Hahaha.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment