Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Painting - does it matter?

We started painting today! We painted a few rooms and a long hallway. We get to finish up the painting job tomorrow morning. Often times when we paint (especially in other countries) we wonder if we are helping. Whether it is needed or because they are just trying to give us a project to complete to make us feel good about ourselves because Americans like to "accomplish" tasks. Well, after we finished eating dinner the Pastor came up to me to thank me for the group painting the school (inside and outside). She explained to me that it would be rather expensive to hire a group of men to come and paint the school. She was so happy that we were able to paint today. Oh, and the whole conversation was in Spanish. Yeah, I surprised myself too.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment