Friday, July 2, 2010

Trying this

I'm trying to see if I can post on my blog with my iPhone. And as I sit here with my phone I am quickly reminded that I will be without my phone for the whole week when I am in Guatemala. This reality dowse not concern me much, but it does make me realize how this might be difficult for many of the students who are coming on the trip. Now, I do not say this out of disgust or with a judgmental tone because i know how hard it is to be without cell phones. For many students it is their crutch, their sidekick and their friend. I definitely feel that way at times also. I feel naked without my phone and I have talked to many students who express the same.
But this will be an amazing experience for them to be without technology for a week. To put down their crutch and walk without a limp for a week. The freedom lived out this week will hopefully spill out into the rest of their lives and mine.

Sent from my iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment